- News »
- Get Ready to Party: The Festival Malta 2023 Schedule Unveiled
Get Ready to Party: The Festival Malta 2023 Schedule Unveiled
You're wondering what the world is doing when Europe is awake and poker players' eyes are turned towards England, where The Festival Nottingham 2023 is taking place in the middle of Sherwood Forest. In the forest, a true sanctuary of poker has been built - the Dusk Till Dawn casino. In this place where poker is sacred, where all-in is as significant as paying in a store.
But in reality, we did not want to talk about it.
Asia, Australia, Africa, North and South America, Antarctica, and of course Europe - we ask for everyone's attention for a moment! Yes, although one of our events is still ongoing, we are already quietly thinking about what's to come. In less than three months, our first conquest of Malta, the Portomaso Casino, will take place. While we announced the first hotel offers for Malta a few days ago, today we have a piece of even bigger and happier news to announce to all of you. We have finalized the schedule for The Festival Malta 2023, which includes 51 tournaments held over eight days (From May 15th to May 21st, there are seven days, but nevertheless, we will play with your senses and start things a day earlier) including regular Texas Holdem and Omaha tournaments, but also plenty of mixed games for the enjoyment of all poker players. In addition, the schedule includes Blackjack and Roulette tournaments that have already been established, as well as a newly updated slot tournament and a sports betting tournament that was missing from Robin Hood's paths.
Those are some of the highlights:
- €250 Pokerlistings Championship: May 14-17
- €1100 PLO High Roller: May 17 (Depends on the number of players, might be a 2-Day event)
- €550 MAIN EVENT: Main 16-21
- €120 Roulette Tournament: May 16
- €120 Blackjack Tournament: May 17
- €250 H.O.R.S.E Deepstack: May 18
- €1100 HighRoller: May 18 (Depends on the number of players, might be a 2-Day event)
- €250 The Hendon Mob Championship: May 19-20
- €125 The Festival Queens hosted by Laura Cornelius
- € 250 Texas Mystery Bounty: May 20-21
- €1,100 OFC High Roller: May 21
- €250 49+ Seniors: May 21
But why talk too much, as they say. One picture is worth a thousand words, so let's taste the good stuff.
Download the Festival Malta schedule from here.
We remind you that the tournament schedule is in place, but may still require some adjustments. If you have good suggestions regarding the tournament schedule, don't hesitate to contact us via email.
You can check Malta 2023 schedule also from here.
Key topics to keep in mind
- Main Event has 4 starting days and each day plays 12 levels
- Some tournaments may be capped, so we recommend using Luxon Pay for buy-ins
- If you don't want to spend too much time when registering for the first time at Portomaso Casino, please read this article on how to speed up the process
Special things that you might not know about us
The Festival Malta takes place from May 15-21, and during the whole festival, you can win a € 1,600 package to our next destination.
There are three simple ways how you win it :
- The Player of The Festival - play along and turn out to be the most successful player in the entire Festival.
- Cashgame Challenge - Take part in cash games and win the most BBs against other players during the week-long Cashgame Challenge sessions
- Franke´s Flip Flops - Win the most games in daily flips
You will find The Player of The Festival ranking calculations right here.
In addition to in-house activities, we also place great emphasis on the well-being of players outside the gaming hall. Have you heard how much fun we had bowling in Nottingham? Or visiting a brewery in Tallinn. We know, that's why many of our online qualifiers take part in the so-called hospitality package, which includes daily activities for seven days. We will publish information about this more precisely in the last week before the start of the festival. This is primarily to keep a little veil of secrecy around the activities we do in Malta.
Cash game tables are open during the festival 24/7 until the players run out. It may happen that if there are few players, the cash game tables are closed for a few hours early in the morning, so that the casino staff can catch their breath for a while, but in general, the action should continue all the time. Texas to Omaha and Omaha to mix-game 5-card Courchevel. Ludos Academy dealers are experienced enough to deal with even the most difficult games. If you are interested in playing "special" money games, please contact the casino staff and inform them of your wish.
Cash game rake during Festival Malta:
- The rake will be 4% (cap 20) if there are more than 4 players at the table
- The rake will be 4% (cap 10) if there are 3 or 4 players at the table.
- The rake will be 4% (cap 5) if there are fewer than 3 players, HU-game
If you haven't started playing satellite tournaments for Malta on our various online partner sites, then next week we're holding a special tournament with a guaranteed prize pool of 3x2000€ to celebrate our founder Franke's birthday. You can find other qualifications in our 'Qualify' section.
If you haven't found a good hotel for you or your friends, then it´s worth checking out our hotel offers. Three different hotels, two different price ranges. Single room, double room, twin or even triple room.
Things to do in Malta
There is several things to do besides poker game so read this article to find out more info about Malta.
Next Stop after Malta
While The Festival Malta has not yet really started and is far from over, we are pleased to announce the date for our next destination. Make sure to save these dates in your calendar so you stay informed. The Festival Bratislava 2023 will take place from November 27 to December 3. Read more for additional information.